CELLULAR NATION or the term “us”, “we”, or “our” refers to the owner of this website (www.CELLULARNATION.com). The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this website. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personally identifiable information we receive from you online.
Information Collection and Use
While using our website or visiting our stores, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you regarding questions, comments, services requested, product offers, service updates, send confirmations, invoices, updates, and support and administrative messages. Personally, identifiable information refers to information that is connected to your name and may include things such as your e-mail address, mailing address, or telephone number.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's internet protocol address, browser type, browser version, and the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Search queries may be saved and data later used to see which pages on the website garner the most attention from customers.
The (location) data collected from your browser may be used to determine customer patterns of behaviour in a given market. This knowledge allows us to improve our services in the future.
“Cookies” are small bits of information, which may include an anonymous unique identifier, that the CELLULAR NATION website places on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the website to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website. CELLULAR NATION participates in behaviour-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website or on other websites.
CELLULAR NATION may share your personally identifiable information with companies that are affiliated (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with CELLULAR NATION.
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use reasonable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access and Choice
Cellular nation has implemented the following procedure that you may use to access, correct, or delete your personally identifiable information, or choose how your information is used.
CELLULAR NATION may allow third-party companies, including ad networks, to serve advertisements, provide other advertising services and/or collect certain information when you visit our website.
Third-party companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visit to this web site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
Third-party companies may use non-cookie technologies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity including your activities on this website. These technologies may be used directly on this website. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these non-cookie technologies, and those browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques.
The Corporation is a Canada corporation committed to maintaining the security, confidentiality and privacy of the personal information of our customers and employees. The Corporation respects such privacy and strives to be an open and accessible organization. This Policy sets out our ongoing commitment to our customers and employees and has been developed in compliance with the Canadian federal or provincial private-sector privacy law which applies to us/our location (collectively, the “Applicable Law”).
* The Corporation is responsible and accountable for personal information under its control. The Corporation has designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for its compliance with this Policy.
* Ultimate accountability for compliance by the Corporation rests with its Board of Directors who delegate day-to-day accountability to the Privacy Officer. Other individuals within the Corporation may be accountable for the day-to-day collection and processing of personal information or sometimes to act on behalf of the Privacy Officer.
* The Corporation will adopt procedures to protect personal information, receive and respond to complaints and inquiries, train staff regarding privacy policies and procedures and generally communicate policies and procedures.
* When collecting personal information, other than by monitoring, the Corporation will state the purpose of collection and will, on request, provide contact information for the Privacy Officer who can answer questions about the collection.
* The Corporation will collect your personal information for the following purposes:
* to provide and administer products and services requested and to use and disclose the information for any purpose related to the operation of accounts and provision of requested products and services;
* generally in connection with your employment and statutory employment requirements, if applicable;
* to determine your potential needs and financial capabilities;
* to determine which of its products and services may meet your potential needs;
* to evaluate various personal application(s) and determine risks;
* to provide personal information to third-party suppliers of products and services;
* to provide personal information to insurance carriers/agents and financial institutions and, regarding employment, Canada Revenue Agency and other statutory agencies, in order to confirm personal information;
* to protect you and us from fraud and error and to safeguard our respective financial interests;
* to authenticate your identity;
* to provide personal information in order to obtain quotations for or ordering of products, services or employment benefits requested by you, if applicable;
* to collect debts you may owe us;
* to manage or transfer assets or liabilities of the Corporation, for example in the case of an acquisition or merger, the provision of security for a credit facility or the change of a carrier; and
* to comply with legal and regulatory requirements generally.
* The Corporation may be required by law to obtain your social insurance number to report your employment income (if applicable) to Canada Revenue Agency.
* The above collections, uses and disclosures are a reasonably necessary part of your relationship with the Corporation.
* Other uses:
* The Corporation, its shareholders, affiliates and associates may use your personal information to offer additional or alternate products and services to you, or any employment benefits to you, if applicable, and may add your personal information to lists which it prepares and uses for this purpose;
* The Corporation may share your personal information with its directors, officers, shareholders, affiliates, and associates and with third parties so they may offer their products or services to you;
* The Corporation may use your social insurance number as an aid to identify you with credit bureaus and other financial institutions for credit history file matching purposes or to identify you to Canada Revenue Agency and other statutory agencies if you are an employee; and
* The Corporation or its designate may contact you for survey, demonstration or seminar purposes and for newsletter delivery subject to Applicable Law, including Canada's anti-spam legislation.
* You may instruct the Corporation to refrain from using or sharing your personal information in any or all of the ways described in (i) to (iv) above at any time by providing written notification to our Privacy Officer. We acknowledge that the sharing of your personal information in any or all of such ways is at your option and we confirm that you will not be refused access to any product, service or, if applicable within reason, any statutory agency, merely because you have advised us to stop using or sharing your personal information in any or all of the ways described in (i), (ii) (iii) or (iv) above. With respect to (v), you recognize that the Corporation, as a franchisee, is required to provide information to its Franchisor on a continuous basis and that, so long as the Franchisor is substantially compliant with this Policy, you will not ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with it.
* When your personal information is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, the new purpose will be disclosed to you prior to such use, and your consent will be sought unless the use is authorized or required by Applicable Law or other law.
* The Corporation will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where such consent is already authorized or required by Applicable Law or other law to do so without your consent. For example, the Corporation may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent, in any case when the following occurs:
* the Corporation is collecting or paying a debt; or
* the Corporation is obtaining legal advice; or
* the Corporation reasonably expects that obtaining consent would compromise an investigation or proceeding.
* Your consent may be express or implied subject to the Applicable Law, or given through an authorized representative such as a lawyer, agent or attorney.
* Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify the Corporation that you do not wish your personal information collected/used/disclosed for optional purposes following reasonable notice to you) or otherwise. For example, oral consent could be expressed over the telephone when information is being collected; electronically when submitting an agreement, application or other information; or in writing when signing an agreement or application form.
* Subject to subparagraphs 3 (e), (v) and 3 (f) regarding our Franchisor, you may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, provided reasonable written notice of withdrawal of consent is given by you to the Privacy Officer. Upon receipt of your written notice, the Privacy Officer will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal, which may include the inability of the Corporation to provide certain products, services or benefits for which the use of the information notified is a prerequisite.
4. LIMITS ON COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
* The Corporation will not collect personal information indiscriminately and will limit its collection of your personal information to what is reasonably necessary to provide a product or service or continued employment to you, if applicable, or which is reasonably necessary for any other purpose consented to by you. The Corporation may also collect information as authorized by Applicable Law or other law.
5. LIMITS FOR USING, DISCLOSING AND RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
* In the event of a change of ownership, sale, merger, liquidation, reorganization or acquisition of the Corporation, in whole or in part, personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction, as long as, the party acquiring such personal information agrees to be bound by this Policy.
* Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes set out above and as authorized by Applicable Law and other law.
* We will keep your personal information for up to 12 months or less, in accordance with subparagraph 6 (c).
* We will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
* We will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to such information.
* Your personal information may be stored and processed in the United States of America (the “USA”) where our Franchisor has facilities or in which it engages third party service providers. While such information is held in the USA, it is subject to its laws, and may be subject to disclosure to governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the USA, pursuant to its laws.
* We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal information we are using or disclosing is accurate and complete. In most cases, we will rely on you to ensure that your basic information, such as your street address, e-mail address and telephone number, are current, complete and accurate.
* If you contact our Privacy Officer to point out the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, he or she will amend the information as appropriate. We may then send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
* When a challenge regarding the accuracy of personal information is not resolved to your satisfaction, our Privacy Officer will annotate the personal information under our control with a note that an amendment was requested but not made.
7. SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
* We will protect the personal information in our custody or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to such information.
* We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your personal information to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it.
* We will take reasonable steps, through contractual or other reasonable means, to ensure that a comparable level of personal information protection is implemented by our Franchisor, suppliers, agents and others who directly or indirectly assist in providing products and services or, if applicable, employment benefits to you. Some specific safeguards include:
* physical measures such as fire-resistant computer server facilities, filing cabinets and relevant office shelving which are locked during non-business hours;
* organizational measures such as restricting employee access to files and databases as appropriate;
* electronic measures such as passwords and firewalls;
* investigative measures where the Privacy Officer has reasonable grounds to believe that your personal information is being inappropriately collected, used or disclosed.
* We will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of a breach of security or confidentiality when you or we transmit information to each other by e-mail or other wireless communication or when one or both of us transmits such information by such means.
* We are open about the joint policies and procedures we use to protect your personal information. Disclosure of our policies and procedures will be made available in writing and electronically. However, to ensure the integrity of our security procedures and business methods, the Corporation will not disclose any sensitive information about our policies and procedures.
* Our Privacy officer will make available to you upon request, a description of the type of personal information held by us and a general description of its use and disclosure.
9. PROVIDING ACCESS
* You have a right to access and correct your personal information held by us.
* Your personal information which is or will be contained in application forms, files, statements, transaction slips and account agreements will be provided to you upon written request to our Privacy Officer and authentication of your identity.
* Upon written request and authentication of your identity, our Privacy Officer will provide you with your personal information under our control, information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom such information has been disclosed.
* The Corporation may charge a reasonable fee for providing personal information in response to an access request under Applicable Law and will provide an estimate of any fee upon our Privacy Officer receiving a written access to personal information request from you. We may require advance payment of the fee.
* Our Privacy Officer will make personal information available within 30 days of your written request or will provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfil the request.
* In some situations, we may be unable to provide access to specific personal information. Subject to the Applicable Law, this may be the case where, for example, disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, the personal information is protected by solicitor/client privilege, the information was collected for the purpose of an investigation or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that, if disclosed, could harm the competitive position of the Corporation or result in a breach of an obligation of confidentiality it has. The Corporation may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information.
* Where an access request is refused in whole or in part, we will notify you in writing, giving the reason for whole or partial refusal and outlining further steps which are available to you.